I am a big time foodie. My love for food has only grown over the years. Not only it has increased multiple times, I have developed and refined it. Now, I look for healthier versions of any food. Yesterday I had a peek into Guptaji’s kitchen and what all his wife cooks on Facebook. Since I am so tempted, I wish they invite me for #nashta to their house.
These are a few reasons why I want to go to Guptaji’s house. The dishes they make are not only mouthwatering but also healthy and a better substitute to the traditional ones. I can learn more about following dishes from Mrs Gupta and would want to start having them with my family.
1. Walnut Cornflakes Choco Balls – I love chocolates. Whenever and wherever I get a chance to gobble them down, I don’t hesitate. I love all forms of chocolates and this Cornflakes Choco Balls seem very delicious. A bit of crunchy flavor of cornflakes mixed with smooth chocolates rolled into balls will make perfect dessert post dinner.
2. Cornflakes Popcorn Clusters – I watch all forms of cricket, even if India is not playing and popcorn are must for me when I am on my couch in front of my TV. These days I am glued to the World Cup. What if I get the best of Popcorn in a healthier mix? Yes, why not. I have tasted spicy popcorn, chocolate popcorn, butter popcorn and now I am waiting to savor popcorn with cornflakes and honey.
3. Cabbage Corn Salad in Basil Curd Dressing – These days sometimes I have only salad for dinner. I can as well try it for breakfast, only if it is bound to give me a fresh start to the day. The crunchy flakes, with the rich taste of grapes, cucumber and cabbage might just give me that. This looks like a great option in contrast to the super-heavy ‘aloo-parathas’ I normally have in breakfast and better than usual salads for dinner.
4. Cornflake Coconut Ladoo – Besan ladoos are my favorite, but if given an option to try something new, I won’t mind. The Cornflake Coconut Ladoo seems to have all the right ingredients that make up for a perfect ladoo – nuts, ghee, milk and flakes. But I don’t just want to have them in breakfast, I plan to take them to office and have one or two in the night as well. Since they are a healthy alternative to what I currently have, my fitness will not take a hit. If Guptaji invites me over, I wish they make these.
5. Chapatti Cornflakes Chivda – Ever heard about Chapatti Corn Flakes? Even I hadn’t. When I saw this Chivda/Poha I couldn’t believe the ingredients actually contain leftover chapattis…what a great option to the pure rice flakes we normally have, which are so unhealthy. This recipe also has multiple grains in it – corn and wheat, along with spices and herbs…perfect snack for any time of the day.
For those who want to get more information on these dishes, please visit https://www.facebook.com/anaajkanashta. You will be amazed with how Kellogg’s has just refined our breakfast and provided us with better options.