I am a fan of Stock Markets! But when I bring it into my discussions, some people avoid talking about it. The reason – they might have either lost or fear losing their hard-earned money. However, if you ask me, you will never lose sleep if you follow some basic rules.
Here are the ones that I have learned over the years:
- Indulge with your surplus money.
- Do your own research, not go by recommendations.
- Go for quality stocks.
- There can be dips too, maintain calm.
- Don’t get greedy if a stock performs well.
- Never put your eggs in one basket.
Each of them is explained in detail in my post for Money View here.
If you are not invested in the India markets (I like US markets too, but don’t have any exposure here though), you have missed out on some serious money in the last few years. And if you still don’t invest, you will surely miss on much more!